Check out “My Favorite Find”
Many of you have heard of “The Farm Chicks,” a fabulous antique/flea market extravaganza that swarms Spokane, Wa. once a year in June. Or you may have picked up Serena Thompson’s Cookbook with all of her fabulous recipes. I am especially a fan for three reasons: 1. she married a high school friend of mine, 2. she lives in the inland NW and 3. she is clever, fun, and down-to-earth.
I recently caught up with Serena to discuss her newest venture, “My Favorite Find.” In a nutshell, it is a virtual place to find out where the “hotspots” are to find unique treasures, and to showcase what you’ve found.
1. How does your current venture into “My Favorite Finds” reflect your passions and interests?
My Favorite Find is sort of like a virtual show-and-tell. You can search for, find, and share great local shoppes and events like yard sales, antiques shows, auctions and more and then show-and-tell your finds. As an antiques show producer, I’m really passionate about connecting everyone with what they love and also love being able to help others get the word out about what they’re doing, to their perfect audience.
2. It is clear that you are a family girl. Has your family been able to be a part of this new adventure with you? I am, it’s true. My family was so small and my parents didn’t really have contact with their families, so I always yearned for a that. Colin, has five siblings and there are lots of cousins, aunts, and uncles, etc. so it’s really fun. Colin and the boys have been really involved in testing out My Favorite Find and giving their honest and sometimes brutal feedback. And my sister in law, Alison, was a part of the focus group for the site as well.
3. What do you hope to accomplish with “My Favorite Finds?” My goal is to connect everyone with each other – the seekers, the finders – all in one place where we can celebrate our shoppes and events and our finds!
4. If you had to pick a favorite part of this Farm Chicks to Favorite Finds journey, what would it be and why? I love that I have been lucky enough to gain a strong following and that I can use that to help others.
5. What makes “My Favorite Finds” unique and unlike anything else currently out there? Until now, nothing like this has existed. I really describe this as a new frontier.
Hope you check it out and support our local Farm Chick!