Salmon Burgers with Basil Mayonaisse
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 ½ lbs. wild salmon fillets, bones and skin removed
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 4 burger rolls, toasted
- Lettuce, tomato and onion
- Basil Mayonnaise
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 4 medium leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 splashes Tabasco sauce
- 1. In a medium pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until golden brown. Set aside.
- 2. Grind salmon in a meat grinder or food processor.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine ground salmon, sauteed onions, lemon pepper seasoning, granulated garlic, salt and brown sugar. Mix well. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator until well chilled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill. Divide mixture into 4 balls and press into patties. Grill over high heat about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Serve on toasted rolls with lettuce, tomato, onion, Basil Mayonnaise.
- 5. Basil Mayonnaise: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix with a handheld blender until smooth.