This comfort food was born out of fall’s inspiration. Using some extra sausage I had in the freezer and a half bottle of white wine that needed to be used, this was an easy crowd pleaser to create.
- 1 lb. fusilli pasta
- 1 lb. italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1/2-3/4 c. white wine
- 3 tbsp. chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 carton cherry tomatoes, each one cut in half
- 1/4 c. cream (or substitute with non-fat plain creamer)
- Olive oil
- Cook the sausage until done. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with chicken stock. Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the pan, and sauté the diced onion until translucent. Add minced garlic and cook another minute.
- Add the sausage back to the pan, then pour the wine over the onion, garlic, sausage mixture. Let reduce for about 5 minutes over a medium/low boil.
- While the sauce is reducing, Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and put in individual bowls.
- Add the cream, tomatoes, and the chopped fresh garlic to the sauce. Let it warm and combine for about a minute over heat.
- Divide the sauce evenly over the fusilli pasta in the bowls and serve immediately.
- Serves 4